The Game

Thump! My hockey bag was in the car for my away game. I had to travel to New Hampshire for a hockey game, to be the backup goalie it was challenging. I pulled my groin in practice that Thursday, so I was nervous. They were bringing a goalie for me just in case. The first game I won 2-1  the second game was 4-1. I won both only letting 2 in each game. In the middle of the games I went to a restaurant for food, I ended up seeing my coaches there. A few of my teammates were there too. We made a huge mess by the drink machine. Now I have two wins on the USA hockey charts. That night when I was going home I didn’t get home until (8:00)  at night. After the game my leg was killing me and I was covered in sweat.

~Codi

15 thoughts on “The Game

1. Hi Cody! I enjoyed reading your personal narrative about your hockey games, especially since we had talked about them at recess. Have you had a chance to play goalie again since those games?

• Hi Mrs. Geist I know that your son plays hockey, so it felt good hearing from you . And no I have not played goalie since those games

2. I enjoyed reading about your hockey games. My son played hockey and reading this brought back memories of traveling with him to tournaments. What is the name of your team and how old do you have to be to play on this team? I hope your leg has recovered.

• Hi Mrs. Rodriguez I play defense too so tyler is the defense coach so I’m next to him like the whole game.what you wrote about him really warmed my heart. bye